Tuesday, August 17, 2010

San Francisco

Apparently it doesn't matter if it is August, San Francisco will still make you put on a sweatshirt. It felt weird for things to be that cold at this time of the year. Maybe its because all these windmills are keeping things cool. Also, I liked the look of all the golden hills on my drive in.


Getting to the golden date bridge required getting off the highway and driving through downtown traffic. At least I found some cool looking things on the buildings.

Pictures of some bridge.
These pictures were taken from the other side of the bridge.

This path was supposed to lead to a lighthouse with a nice lookout of the ocean and the bay. It was in a little park on the other side of the bridge.


But it ended with a big black door because most of the path was closed. I guess people going to the lighthouse was causing ships to crash. I snuck my camera though a hole in the door and saw this.



The city itself had some cool looking things. I walked from the commuter train station, through downtown, to the wharf.


Chinatown was rather busy. I found a sign with several lines of Chinese characters, and then just said "John's photo". That may have been a translation error.

Many shops had crazy looking weapons. At first this looked cool, until you see that every shop has the same crazy weapons.

Only 1 shop had these jeweled animals though.

Downtown was full of 5 and 6 way intersections. This made traffic fun.
In fisherman's wharf, ships drove through the streets. It was also absurdly crowded.
But had some nice looking boats.

And a view of Alcatraz. I didn't take a tour there.
Lots of fog that day over the bridge.


San Francisco and the surrounding area seemed fun, but a bit crazy. I kinda want to live here, but it would be a big lifestyle change. No car, only public transportation. I'm still undecided about this city.

3 comments:

  1. Hey Nick, Still in SF ? Call us we will give you Elizabeth's number.

    ReplyDelete
  2. HA! BIG BIG BIG BIG lifestyle change for you mister! Let me know if you are still here and I will take you out for a beer this evening. I'll show you the Castro!

    5132553075 - text me

    ReplyDelete
  3. No, I'm not still around SF. My blogging was delayed from bad internet and bachelor party.

    ReplyDelete