Monday, August 9, 2010

Yosemite

Ok, so I've been lazy about posting for a while. Vegas was fun, but it wasn't all that inspiring for pictures. It does have lots of cool looking things, but its identical to everyone else walking down the strip. It doesn't make for much of a personal narrative. So I'm skipping Vegas.

Yosemite has some large mountains, like these.


These mountains are also very steep. This makes the roads get a bit scary. Most of the roads through Yosemite are on the edges or cliffs with drops of several thousand feet. These roads also have some pretty sharp turns, which makes driving a little crazy.










Elevation changes often. I must have driven up and down from 0 to 10,000 feet a few times that day.



I also got a little lost trying to find the trail I wanted. This map didn't help. The legend says there is a white dot indicating your location. I couldn't find this white dot.
The trail path was 4 miles to a place called Dewey Point. The path itself was not that spectacular compared to other parks.


This meadow was nice.


The trees had moss growing only on the branches, which looked cool.



The pinecones were enormous.
I started getting some views other parks don't quite have once I was getting close to the destination.

And then I got to Dewey Point. The view here made the entire hike more than worth it. The edge of this cliff drops at least 3000 feet.





There was also a deer. This shows not many people make the hike out here.



2 comments: