Thursday, June 17, 2010

Lexington

They really love horses here. For some reason the hotel I'm staying in has a "Thoroughbred room". I'm not sure what this room is, but it didn't look like it contains any actual horses. I still like how classically south the place looks from the outside though.














I think this love of horses is all talk or just trying to be cool around Kentucky. The horse track in the middle of Lexington with a long history doesn't even have live races for another month. This fact really shot my hopes on a Kentucky race track experience.

I have some pictures of downtown, like a church with a nice looking bell tower. Except instead of a bell it houses and air conditioner.

And a theater keeping people as faithful Christians.

And this is a picture of downtown Lextington. Nobody is in this empty field downtown because it is fenced off with "No trespassing" signs.

This city is not better than Columbus, I'm going to keep looking. My next stop is the Daniel Boone forest as I head toward Charlotte.

No comments:

Post a Comment