Monday, July 19, 2010

Phoenix

Phoenix is absurdly hot. This is coming from someone who just traveled through the entire south during summer. None of it compares to the 114 degree heat in Phoenix. My car AC on full blast couldn't keep up.

On the plus side, I found the big cactus that were missing from New Mexico. This picture shows how big they can get.

My expedition into the desert only lasted about 40 minutes. It was hot.










The city itself is huge. It also looks like it could be fun, if it wasn't so hot. They seem to have the habit of filling it with palm trees to make it feel tropical.


I did find some water. I don't think it was enough for all 3 million people living around there.
These mist sprayers were on every restaurant patio.
The have signs to let you know you are in a trendy shopping district.
The bus stops look funny.
Drinkwater is a very cruel street name when you've been walking around in this heat.


1 comment:

  1. Maybe the street name is suppose to be a reminder for pedestrians :)

    That bus stop is cool! I wish bus stops up here looked like that!

    ReplyDelete